Do You Need Help with Your Psychiatry Personal Statement Residency?
Getting onto your chosen Psychiatry residency is not going to be an easy task even if you are one of the best-qualified applicants. The Match had over 2,600 applicants chasing just under 1,500 places in the last year, so many of those applicants failed to gain a place on their chosen program. To get selected your ERAS application really must make you stand out as an exceptional applicant. Most important of your application documents will often be your psychiatry residency personal statement. Writing a psychiatry family medicine residency personal statement that is able to show you in the best light is however not as simple as many would hope. Most applicants will struggle to write something that is truly attention-grabbing. This is both a problem for you if you are struggling with your statement as well as blessing if you want to ensure that you can get noticed. By using our support to write your statement you can significantly boost your chances of success.
Our specialist services for your psychiatry residency application personal statement have been supporting applicants for several years. Our specialists know the ERAS application system inside out and your selected expert specializes in mental health education. Through us, you will be able to get all of the support and help that you need to draft a statement that will help you to get noticed.
Where to Study Mental Illness and Its Treatment
It is not enough for many residents to simply gain a place, most will want to get on the best course that they can find to ensure that they receive the highest levels of education. Applying to the best colleges and universities may mean facing more competition but a well-written residency personal statement psychiatry can provide you with the advantage that you will need to gain a place. The following are usually considered to be the best places to study psychiatry:
- Harvard University
- King’s College London
- Stanford University
- Yale University
- University of California Los Angeles
Writing a personal statement for AAMC and ERAS applications can be hard. Most applicants are not used to writing about themselves and it can be difficult to produce something that can really make you stand out. Your statement must be truly attention-grabbing and this can take a huge amount of time and work to achieve. The results, however, are very worth it.
How to Write Your Perfect Personal Statement Psychiatry Residency
The following tips for writing a personal statement psychiatry residency applications will help you to achieve the best possible results through your writing:
- Understand what the expectations are for format and length, an AAMC and ERAS personal statement needs to be just a single page in length.
- Review examples of writing a personal statement for psychiatry residency so that you can observe how others have approached this task successfully, never copy anything you see no matter how good it is, your statement must be unique to you.
- Review the program documentation and website to identify exactly what the program is looking for in a successful applicant and what they want to know.
- Brainstorm how your own achievements and skills match the requirements of the program that you are applying to.
- Your statement needs to read like a story if you are going to maintain the reader’s interest, not like a list of skills as with your resume. This is best achieved through the use of an anecdote that you can use to provide flow and hold your writing together.
- Create an outline for your statement so that you can see exactly how your writing should be organized and how it will flow to your conclusions
- Take extra time to work on your opening line. As with a good news story it needs to be attention grabbing and make the reader want to discover more about what you have to say.
- Your conclusion needs to make a clear statement of your intentions while tying back to your introduction to maintain the interest of the reader.
- Only use information that is required by the committee and that promotes your aim of gaining a place, anything else can be omitted
- Edit and review your personal statement until you are sure that it is as well written as you can make it if possible seek out the opinions of peers and faculty members.
As Helen Farrell says:
Avoid Problems with Your Psychiatry Residency Personal Statement
The committee that will review your application will often have to read hundreds of essays. During this time they will see many different essays and the same mistakes repeated time after time. Avoiding these mistakes is vital if you want to be noticed for the right reasons. These are some of the mistakes that you should look out for:
- Never use any clichés in your writing
- Don’t use acronyms of slang and never use profanity
- Don’t try to be clever by using unusual words from your thesaurus
- Never talk about others, your personal statement is about you
- Avoid talking about what you don’t want to do, stay positive at all times
- Keep to the truth, you will be interviewed and things may come out
- Never submit writing that has not been proofread, you must eliminate any errors
We Can Help with Writing Your Residency Personal Statement
Our personal statement medical school writing service provides you with support through some of the best qualified and most experienced writers and editors that you will find online. Our staff have proven their abilities many times over through our help and are carefully selected so that you will always work with someone that is qualified in your field of application. They work directly with you to ensure that your statement is clearly written about you and tailored to the expectations of the program you apply to. All writing is proofread to a high standard and provided with a plagiarism report so that you know it is unique and free from problems. We cover all of our work with a full satisfaction money back guarantee and always deliver it to you on time no matter how tight the deadline we agree.