How Important Is a Personal Statement for Surgical Residency Application?
During the last year, there were some 2,400 applicants to just 1,281 available places for surgery residencies through ERAS and the Match. Competition for places is very high and you are going to have to ensure that your application in your medical specialty is going to make you really stand out. Often your surgical residency personal statement is the most important part of your application, as long as it is written in a way that gets the attention of the committee. Our medical school personal statement editing services are able to provide you with a huge amount of support in your writing. We know just what makes a statement engaging and how it should be written to maximize your chances of success. Surgery is a technology consisting of a physical intervention on tissues and your help needs to come from someone that fully understands everything about this field.
Our experts are post graduate degree qualified in this area and have many years of experience supporting applicants like you. Through their help and support, you can access highly effective help to ensure that your application has the greatest chance of getting you’re the result you are looking for.
How to Write the Best Surgical Residency Personal Statement
Your surgery residency personal statement must clearly show the reader how you perfectly match their expectations in a way that is well written and memorable. This is not easy to do and you will almost certainly have to produce several drafts of your statement before you are happy.
The following are some easy tips to help you to craft that perfect personal statement surgery residency:
- Make sure that you fully understand the requirements for your format and page length. A personal statement for ERAS applications is just 1 page in length.
- Look at successful samples of surgical personal statements to see how others have approached their writing. Never copy what you see, however, your statement must be unique to you.
- Review the program’s documentation and websites so that you can identify exactly what they value in an applicant.
- Make a list of how your skills and experience match you to their expectations as a basis for what you need to include in your statement.
- Use a personal anecdote if possible to provide a story for your statement. You need clear flow not a simple list like you would use in a resume.
- Outline your personal statement for surgery so that you can see exactly how everything will fit together.
- Your opening line must be attention-grabbing, this is your hook to make the reader want to read through your statement to find out what you have to say.
- Provide a clear and logical flow through to your conclusion which should tie back to your opening to close your story.
- Only include information that is important to get your placement. If a sentence does not provide something that the committee really wants to know when it does not belong in your statement.
- Be prepared to revise your statement several times. Improve your word choices and make your writing concise.
The following advice from Carnegie Mellon should also be considered:
What Are the Best Universities for Surgical Training
Gaining your degree and doing your graduate medical training is always best done at the most respected universities and colleges. While these may provide you with a high level of competition to overcome they can ensure a better future career. The following are considered some of the best places to study surgery:
- John Hopkins School of Medicine
- Perelman School of Medicine
- Wash U School of Medicine in St. Louis
- UC San Diego School of Medicine
- David Geffen School of Medicine
Avoid All Errors When Writing Your Surgery Personal Statement Residency
Your ERAS residency personal statement general surgery or neurology residency personal statement will be just one of potentially hundreds that may have to be read. You, therefore, do not want to make their life easier by providing them with any excuses to dismiss your application due to issues with your writing. The following are some common mistakes that you should always avoid in your statement writing:
- Don’t use clichés, they use your word count and add no value to your writing
- Don’t use quotations, they want to read your own words
- Avoid the use of slang and acronyms
- Don’t try to be clever using words that few people will understand
- Never write about other people, this is a personal statement about you
- Never complain or make excuses
- Never submit without careful proofreading
We Can Help Write Your Personal Statement for Surgery Residency
From surgery to psychiatry residency personal statement writing our specialized services can provide you with the help that you need through post-graduate qualified experts in your field of application. You always work with someone that is knowledgeable in your field and that will have many years of experience supporting applicants. All help with application statements is delivered through direct contact with our experts to ensure that the writing fully reflects you while being tailored to the program you are applying to. All writing is unique and supplied with a plagiarism report after it has been carefully proofread by our experts. Through our services, you are protected by a full satisfaction money back guarantee and we will always deliver your help on time. We provide our services in a totally confidential manner and at a price that anyone can afford.